Presenter: ELLEN KANNER,
The Edgy Veggie Topic: EATING TO SAVE THE WORLD- ENHANCING OUR CONNECTION TO THE PLANET WITH A PLANT-BASED LIFESTYLE:
1) Grows environmental awareness
2) Decreases carbon output and pollution
3) Builds community and compassion
4) Helps fix our broken food system
5) Improves how we feel. When we feel better, stronger, more focused, we're able to move beyond the personal to act holistically for the good of ourselves and the planet. It all starts with what we eat.
ELLEN KANNER award-winning food writer; author of ‘Feeding the Hungry Ghost: Life, Faith and What to Eat for Dinner’; Huffington Post's ‘Meatless Monday’ blogger; syndicated columnist ‘Edgy Veggie’ published in Miami Herald, Bon Appetit, Vegetarian Times…; advocate for sustainable, accessible food;
Coral Gables Congregational Church
Fellowship Hall (Enter- Columbus Blvd) > Maplink (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=3010+De+Soto+Boulevard,+Coral+Gables,+Fl&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=59.50923,110.390625&ie=UTF8&z=17&iwloc=addr)
3010 De Soto Blvd. 33134 (across fr. Biltmore Hotel)
Bring 8-10 portions of healthy* vegan food
and washable place setting
*prefer organics- exclude meat, fish, eggs, dairy, GMO’s, honey, transfats, hydrogenated oils, nano or chemical additives
Members, Kids & First-timers: Free Guests $5
$1 No Plate Fee $8 No Food Fee
Everyone welcome! Taste Share Learn
Unsure what to bring? Simple organic green salad, large beverages or fresh fruit. Raw fooders welcome. Reheat available.
This meetup is advertised in many other locations. Please don't only look at the number of RSVP's when you decide to go!