Are you interested in creating an intentional community built with earthship homes?
If so, please join us from 7-9:30pm on Friday, January 3rd for a gathering of like-minded people!
We'll be meeting in the Great Hall of Epiphany Episcopal Church in the Seattle neighborhood of Madrona. We would like for all of us to share our personal visions of community. Please come prepared with your own vision statement, which should include some of the following:
- Potential location and relationship to the land (urban or rural, small gardens or large farming operations etc)
- Preferred distances from cities, major airports, educational resource centers such as colleges and universities, wilderness or recreation areas, and other places important to the individual
- Lifestyle issues (diet preferences, oriented to single people or families with children or multiple generations; pet issues; sexual orientation and gender issues; drug-use issues etc)
- Preferred financial set-up (whether everyone will contribute the same or different amounts, whether contributions will be tied to decision-making rights; which expenses the community will share)
- Spiritual issues (whether a preferred spiritual orientation or practice, be spiritually eclectic or secular)
- Political issues (whether you'll be activists, or will support politically active members)
- Educational Issues (whether the community will offer classes, or will be a model or demonstration site, etc)
We may end up forming several small groups, depending on the interests of those that come to the meeting. Our goal for this meeting is to get to know each other so that we can find direction in our common dream of community.
Some more specific directions: It's probably easiest to park behind the church on Howell St. Standing on Howell St, facing the church campus, you'll see a brown house on the corner. Take the stairs to the left of that house, follow the sidewalk to the right, and into a courtyard. On your left you'll see double doors marked "Parish Hall". Enter the doors, go up the stairs and you'll be there.
Event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/226410080873861/