|From:||Ruth L. Schwartz, P.|
|Sent on:||Thursday, December 29, 2011 5:33 PM|
I'm sending this to all Meetup group members, even those who haven't RSVPd for Saturday. There is still room for you to join us if you'd like! Of course, if you've already RSVPd, I look forward to seeng you. It will be a rich, thoughtful, spirit-filled day.
Please read below for more logistical info.
Till soon, and blessings,
I’m so glad you’ll be coming to Saturday’s day-long workshop to celebrate, honor and release 2011, and bring in 2012 in a meaningful, connected way! I look forward to working with you and sharing a beautiful, thoughtful day with you filled with spirit, energy and light.
We’ll begin as close to 11 a.m. as we can, so please try to be prompt! (And we will end promptly at 5:00.) Directions are below. I strongly suggest that you use my directions rather than online mapping services, since they have a tendency to get people lost when heading to my place (GPS seems to work fine, though.)
Below you’ll also find some logistical info about what to bring, etc. Of course, on a less mundane level, if you have some time to do some journaling in advance of the workshop, that will help you go even deeper once we’re together. (And if you don’t have time before Saturday, no worries – we will also have time during the day for this kind of reflection.) Here are a few sample questions you might want to contemplate; of course, feel free to choose whichever most resonate for you, and/or edit or add others.
Possible topics to journal about or think about:
- What 2011 taught you, or – what were some of the key lessons you learned or re-learned during this year
- What you experienced this year that you would like to cultivate, and experience more of
- What you experienced that you feel ready to shed, bury, compost, be done with
- What you would most like to honor and celebrate about yourself: what you did, thought, felt, learned, contributed, gave, received, how you grew, what you brought to yourself and/or others, in 2011
- What you would most like to honor and celebrate about what happened in the world (on any level, from your family or workplace, to global events) in 2011
- What your deepest hopes are for 2012 – both in your own most personal sphere, and on larger levels, however you define those
- What you personally would like to commit to and intend, to help bring those deep hopes into being
- What blessing(s) you would most like to send out into the world – or into any specific corner of the world – at this turning time
Hope that gets you started!
Now, on to the more mundane, though still important. (The word “mundane” comes from “mundial,” “of the earth,” and I certainly am not one to disparage the earth!) Please bring:
- a water bottle (I have filtered water you can fill it with)
- layers for your own comfort
- lunch and snacks for yourself
- a journal, notebook, laptop computer or whatever you’d like to write in/on/with
We’ll be sitting on chairs and couches, and I have some blankets for you to throw over yourself for added coziness if you wish. I will also provide tea. You are welcome to store your lunch food in the fridge and/or heat it up in my kitchen if you’d like, but please be forewarned that I don’t have a microwave! (I think they do unhealthy things to food.)
Also, please do not wear scented products, as there is often someone who is allergic. Allergy sufferers should be safe in my house in general – I do not currently have a cat, though felines occasionally visit. I do burn sage, so let me know if that’s a problem. Unfortunately, the house is not wheelchair accessible – there are about 6 or 7 steps down to get in.
As for other accessibility – I am also not terribly easy to get to by public transportation, though there are buses that come this way from Berkeley – but it’s a long ride. Or, you can BART to Coliseum Station and then take a bus or cab up the hill (or bike, if you have realllly strong legs.) The address is 6853 Simson Street, Oakland, 94605. To get here by car:
From N. Oakland/Berkeley/SF: Take 580 E to Edwards exit, turn right, go about 6 blocks, then turn right onto Simson (just where road curves to left – 2nd right after the donut shop. If you start going steeply downhill, you’ve gone too far.) Then, stay left to remain on Simson. My place is about 2 blocks down, on the left. Park on the street and walk down the driveway to the front door.
From Castro Valley/San Leandro: take 580 W to Keller, turn left at end of exit ramp onto Mountain, go about 6 blocks till Mountain ends, then turn left under freeway overpass – now you will be on Edwards and can follow the directions above.
If you are elsewhere in Oakland or coming from 880, you can also take Hegenberger (going East) alllll the way up the hill. it will change names a few times and become a narrower 2-lane road. Simson comes off at the top of the hill on your left. If you pass the donut shop, you’ve gone too far.
Please give me a call or send an email if you have any questions.
Many blessings, and see you soon –