What we're about
This is a group for women who are craving nature, quiet, mindfulness and the love and support of other women.
The monthly format will be as follows:
1. Meet at designated trail head at 8am
2. Organizer will give a brief introduction and offer guidance on the practice of walking/hiking meditation
3. Hike in meditative silence.
4. Stop and break for snacks and socializing. If time permits, sharing.
5. Walk back to trail head while socializing.
We live in an area with so much natural beauty and this is a chance for us to explore while practicing mindfulness and meeting other women. Hiking meditation is just like walking meditation. Thich Nhat Hanh describes this mindful practice as “walking not in order to arrive, but just to walk. The purpose is to be in the present moment and, aware if our breathing and our walking, to enjoy each step.”
Be sure to bring your own water and wear sturdy shoes. If you want to bring snacks for yourself or to share, that's great. Just be sure you can carry whatever you bring. No children or pets, please.
By joining this group you hereby acknowledge that you have read and understand section 6.2 of the Meetup Terms of Service Agreement that releases Organizers and Creators or Hosts of this group from all liabilities and claims. http://www.meetup.com/terms/
Meditation and nature are proven antidotes for our busy modern lives, I hope you all will join me in giving this time to yourself!