1) The Southern Cruisers Riding Club is a free, voluntary club. There are no dues but there are some commitments. Membership in the SCRC is open to anyone with an interest in group riding regardless of race, creed or sex and all applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Operators of motorcycles must have a valid Motorcycle endorsement on their license. Members must be either a Rider or Passenger on a street legal Motorcycle that can maintain highway speeds. Spouses, if they ride with their husband or wife as a passenger are eligible to join with the same Membership Status as the motorcycle operator. Non-riders will only be allowed Membership under special circumstances to be determined by the Chapter First Officer and any of the National Officers. The Southern Cruisers is an open club but retains the right to terminate the membership of any member that is found to be in violation of any part of this constitution or other club rules.
2) The Southern Cruisers Riding Club is a No Dues, "Family Oriented Club" and does require some attendance to Meetings or Rides. However, lack of Communications and Participation for One Year may lead to revocation of Membership at the discretion of the Chapter First Officer. Only after attempts to contact Member through Email, Telephone attempts or US Mail are not responded to or the attempts fail due to incorrect information. The Southern Cruisers is not an Internet Club for Motorcycle enthusiasts.
3) Anyone wishing to apply for Membership shall either complete: a) An application form that has been reproduced on paper and return it to the chapter 1st Officer, or b) The On Line form at https://secure.southerncruisers.net/purpose.htm . The words "I AGREE" must be entered on the online form for consideration of Membership. A signature must appear if using reproduced forms. The SCRC and its Chapter Officers reserves the right to refuse Membership to anyone with the approval of the Membership Director.
4) Upon submittal of the Membership Application, the Chapter First Officer shall contact the new applicant as soon as possible, within a week preferably.
5) The First Officer may remove Membership from any Member that does not comply with the Constitution of the SCRC or acts in a manner that does not reflect the SCRC in a good light. The First Officer may also turn problems within the Chapter over to the State Officer for more direction on the problem with the intent to make a final decision that's acceptable to the SCRC and the Membership of that Chapter
6) Any member that has been active for Three (3) years or more that can not ride a motorcycle due to health reasons will be allowed to remain on the Chapter Roster as long as they remain active. If they no longer can remain active with a Chapter, they will be moved into the Honored Chapter so these Members can at least be part of the Southern Cruisers when they can. National feels like removing a Member from the SCRC due to Health reasons just is not fair to our Members that were at one time active.
7) The National President or Vice President and or any National Officer can at any time revoke or refuse membership to any person for the good of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club as a whole.