East Dallas Networking was created as a small business networking group specifically for East Dallas business owners. Our first meeting was held September 18, 2008, at which we had four people in attendance, including the two co-founders. Due to our effectiveness, affordability, and relaxed culture, we've grown to a weekly average attendance of 63 invested networkers - dedicated to helping one another build their business. To consistently have attendance at capacity with no attendance requirements whatsoever, we're obviously doing something right!
While we began as a group focused solely on business networking, we've since expanded in scope to include community advocacy and business education. Since 2010, EDN has donated $18,800 to various East Dallas charitable organizations including Aberg Center for Literacy, Alley's House, Dallas Children's Theater, East Lake Pet Orphanage, Epiphany Dance Arts/EDN Artistic Outreach, Exodus Ministries, For the Love of the Lake- Celebration Tree Grove, Housing Crisis Center, Sanger Elementary Career Day, White Rock Center of Hope, and the Wilkinson Center. We also hold semi-annual food and clothing drives in support of those served by the White Rock Center of Hope.
We have few rules -
• If you RSVP "yes", then we expect you to show up.
• Pay $2 cash per meeting you attend, or pre-pay for the calendar year by becoming an EDN Sponsor for $120, pro-rated throughout the year. $1 per attendee per meeting is to tip Highland Park Cafeteria's waitstaff, and the other dollar goes toward nominal expenses throughout the year. What is not spent, is donated to local charities at year's end. Being as such, we would gladly accept your contribution of more than $2 should you be feeling generous.
• Don't use 1:1's as a sales call, rather an opportunity to get to know the member, hear their story, and learn how best to help them build their business.
• Honor our strictly enforced "No Spam / No Cold-Call" policy.
• Try to park on the East side of the building, along the fence line. Highland Park Cafeteria has been a generous host since our inception, and we need to be respectful guests. Parking on the side allows more spaces for HPCs busy lunch crowd.
We firmly believe that if you build the relationships... the business will come.
East Dallas Networking... fun... effective... affordable.