I'm opening this group up to new members once again, however, I'm trying to move out of state, so it may not be around for very long.
I started this group about 5-6 years ago when I moved back to L.A. Bars/clubs are not my thing and meetups with tons of people is not my idea of fun. The smaller the group, the better opportunity to have fun, meet great people and make new friends. I'm originally from the midwest and moved here (the first time) 15+ years ago. Growing up playing games with my friends and family, I was missing that here. I tried a couple of game meetups and it just wasn't what I had in mind, so I started my own.
We play all sorts of games here... Cards against humanity, Taboo, Uno Attack, Outburst Midnight, Spot It and various trivia games. I'm a huge fan of pop culture and am not into the world of dungeons and dragons or games that make you think or work too much. It's game night... no thinking necessary, just fun.
So I have a few rules with regards to my meetup. I open my home up to this group and I don't want any problems. I have a medium-sized, overly friendly dog whose primary goal is game night-belly rubs. You must be dog-friendly and not feed the beast. It's imperative that you show respect for my home and everything that's in/around it. In order to join, you must fit the criteria below:
• For starters, you should be around/over 35 (I'll say 35-55ish range) so you're on par with the topics at hand. I think the average age of the group is early 40's.
• Secondly, you should be fairly up on your pop culture from the past 40-50 years. You don't have to know everything, but you should know names, songs, movies, shows, events that happened in your lifetime and even before.
• You must have a clear profile picture of yourself (not your pet, sunset, etc.) and your name.
• RSVP's. If you RSVP for a meetup that you cannot attend; please update your RSVP or contact me directly (the site does not provide timely updates). Any first-attending no-shows will be promptly removed from the group (meaning you RSVP'd yes but didn't show up). RSVP's start when I create the meetup and end at 4pm the day of.
• Lastly, after all that, I promise you're here to have fun and I hope you do. I have a great group of regulars and a great group of semi-regulars. We are a fun, respectful group and all get along great. We all met through this meetup and we're always looking for more fun people to join us.
A few notes:
Food: Please bring a small appetizer to share (fruit, cookies, popcorn, chips, dip, etc.). Also, I don't drink so if you want alcohol, you have to bring it as well. I will provide non-alcoholic beverages and usually a primary dish with a few odds and ends.
Parking: I live off a 1-way main street. Parking isn't so great. However, there's always parking along the 3 side-streets before my place and even the one after. If you get a spot out front, you've hit the jackpot.
Games: I mentioned a few above, also have Catchphrase, various DVD-Trivia games (tv, movies, music) + Trivial Pursuit (80's, 90's, Millennium edition). There are some others that make their way into the mix every so often. If you have a game that is more pop-culture and could be a good fit, feel free to bring it along. Oh! The exception to that rule is Cranium or anything else where you have to sing/create/act. Thanks, but no thanks :)
*When you RSVP, my phone # will pop up. Please note this, save it, keep it. If anything changes (your running late, have a question, can't make it), this is the best way to reach me. Again, this site's notifications aren't always timely.
Thanks for reading through my novel and sorry about all the rules. As I said, I open my home to this group and don't want any problems. I've had the best time doing this over the years and it's something I absolutely look forward to each time. I usually have 2 game nights/month.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Saturday, May 6, 2017 7:00 PM
Your organizer will refund you if: