I'm bringing back the honored tradition of shooting people with lasers, followed by food and an afterparty in Todos Santos Plaza. I've set the start time for 12:00, and I'll have us lining up to enter by 12:30. I know BART and traffic can be unpredictable, but please try not to be too late. I'll try to keep people updated when we finish playing, through the Meetup app, but there have been problems with that updating promptly.
If you aren't familiar with how this works, here's the rundown:
1. We typically get the $30/5 hr package, which includes some tokens that we use to play games if there's time between rounds.
2. We typically play 5 laser tag games before retiring from the field. If that's too many for you, that's OK. I believe games are $9 per person, per game.
3. Q-Zar creates a group of us, which includes only the people who got the 5 hour package at the start. Because I've played far too many MMORPGs, I dub this: "The raid group." When we enter a game, the raid group members will line up and follow me in.
4. If you come late, or don't want to play for the entire time, you can buy games one at a time and join the game before or after we enter. I'll be busy coordinating everyone in the group, so if you have questions, ask in advance.
5. I've set up a post Q-Zar meetup for 4:30-8 pm that night. We typically leave Q-Zar and walk to nearby Todos Santos plaza and get food and run amok. 4:30-8 pm is a rough estimate, since Meetup doesn't allow for "when another meetup ends" in its time setup. We also don't know where we'll get food. Check that meetup; I'll leave a comment on it when we leave Q-Zar.
6. Between playing laser tag and... being in Contra Costa county in the summer, it might be warm, maybe even hot. I suggest wearing shorts, even if it ruins the all-black stealth look you were planning on wearing to be less obtrusive in the black lights of the arena.