Enjoy sketching sailboats? Bay views? Greenery? Seagulls? City skylines? Picnics?
At Emeryville Marina Park, you get them all!
* We'll meet at 1pm at the far end of the park. There is a deck leading to the pier (which encloses the marina) and we'll gather there.
* We'll start with a group warm-up activity, then spread out and sketch whatever.
* At 3:30pm we'll come back together for group gallery and feedback.
Be sure to bring water and a snack, a hat and sunscreen. (A portable camp chair might be good, too.)
• By bike: There is a bike lane/path along Powell, and bike racks at the park.
• By public transit: Take BART to Macarthur Station and catch the free Emery-go-round, Shellmound/Powell route. On Saturdays it runs every 20 minutes, and will take you most the way there. Get off at the police & fire station; from there it's about a 10-min walk to the park.
• By car: Take 80 to the Powell St. exit in Emeryville. Turn West on Powell and follow the road until it ends at the park. Note that on weekends, the parking lot can fill up, so if there are no spots available, you can park further away and walk in.
• If you're interested in carpooling, post a message here and we'll coordinate rides if possible.
See ya there!