Mountain View Cemetery is one of the most beautiful places in the East Bay: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_View_Cemetery_%28Oakland,_California%29
And it has a wonderful history: http://www.mountainviewcemetery.org/
It's great for landscapes, flowers & trees, statuary, architecture, gardens and epic views.
* We'll meet at 1:00 at the lower entrance. (check the map below for meeting location.) Text/call Kate at[masked] if you have trouble finding the group.
* We'll kick off with a group warm-up activity, then spread out and sketch some amazing things!
* The cemetery is HUGE. I'll have a car and can drive around if people want to shuttle to the top for some seriously epic views.
* At 3:30 pm we'll meet back at the starting point for group gallery and feedback.
* Feel free to stay after and sketch more.
• I'm not sure about parking rules, but we can figure it out when we get there. If you're interested in carpooling, post a message here and we'll coordinate rides to make parking easier.
• There are restroom facilities in the main office near the entrance (open until 4pm) and there are portable toilets throughout the grounds.
See ya there!
Map to the meeting spot