Stretch your legs and your sketching hands...we're headed to the park!
With its rolling, grassy hills and secluded, shady canyons, Briones is a secret wilderness surrounded by the towns of central Contra Costa County. Although the park is close to Lafayette, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Concord, and Martinez, there are peaks within it from which you can see only park and watershed lands for miles in every direction.
* Park website: http://www.ebparks.org/parks/briones
From Bear Creek, you can walk about 15 minutes and you might see cows and wooded grassland, or you can get to a wooded creek within perhaps 5 minutes.
* Detailed Map: http://www.ebparks.org/Assets/_Nav_Categories/Parks/Maps/Briones+map.pdf
* We'll meet at 1:00 and kick off with a group warm-up activity, then spread out and sketch some great natural things.
* At 3:30 pm we'll meet back at the starting point for group gallery and feedback.
* Feel free to stay after and sketch more.
• To reach the Bear Creek Staging Area on Bear Creek Road, exit Highway 24 at the Orinda/Camino Pablo exit and head toward Richmond. Turn right on Bear Creek Road and travel 5 miles to the staging area on the right.
• If you're interested in carpooling, post a message here and we'll coordinate rides to make parking easier.