addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 89
Besides listening to the podcast Writing Excuses, I also read Query Shark a lot. She brings up a lot of great points about what plot is in her posts. You won't believe how many queries are sent to her that don't have a plot.

When I made some comments at the last meeting asking about what's at stake in the story, I was thinking about some of her posts.

Check out this one that does a great job of talking about plot:

http://queryshark.blo...­

Also, when I'm reading along with the group, I'm trying to relate to the character, figure out what they want, and what's at stake? As along as the writing is good enough, I'd rather bring up story issues/problems, rather than line edits since in some cases, the writer might just want to ditch the entire scene later if they think it doesn't work.