We are a social group of all ages of adults who enjoy to connect people in a safe environment around, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, and Concord area. Join us and explore cool bars, night clubs, restaurants, museums, vineyards, hiking adventures, house parties, etc.
We thrive to host quality, friendly events in safe environments to everyone.
***In order to join, you need to be recognizable in your photo. Having an action shot, group photo, or any photo where it's not clear who you are won't work as we take attendance at our events. Topless pics aren't permitted.
Our members range in age from 21 to 80+. We do not discriminate. If you don't feel comfortable about being around people from different age groups, then this group won’t be suitable for you. This is a very diverse group with a lot of positive energy. Join and you will meet some quality, new friends.
This group is about helping out in the community, having fun, exploring the East Bay, and meeting new friends while in a safe environment. By joining this group or remaining a member of this group, you agree to refrain from the list of inappropriate behaviors listed below while attending East bay Social Club events or visiting the East bay social Meetup site. If you exhibit any of the following, you will be removed from the group:
• Sending spam emails to members to promote a business, event, etc. without permission of the main organizer.
• Posting comments on an event page or using the "Start a conversation..." functionality to promote a business, event, etc. without permission of the main organizer.
• Not having a picture where you are recognizable. If you aren't recognizable in your East bay social club profile picture, then you are subject to removal and will have to request to rejoin the group with a valid photo.
• Sending emails to members you haven't met for the purposes of dating or picking up. This isn't a dating website.
• Having multiple profiles with the group. Only one profile is permitted per person.
• Texting or calling the Organizer for any reason other than trying to find the group during a meetup event. Note that the number is provided as a courtesy to facilitate finding the group only. No exceptions.
• Being touchy or physical with another member (overly aggressive).
• Causing another member to feel uncomfortable based upon behavior OR comments (creepiness). Note that INITIATING flirting with members half your age will not be tolerated.
• Stalking other members.
• Showing up to an event without securing a spot (crashing). Note that members are not allowed to bring a guest to an event unless they secure a spot online for their guest. Some events are limited to members only.
Expected Member Conduct
Members are expected to read the event description and any updates posted by the Event Organizer before attending an event. This helps eliminate the need to ask questions that have already been explicitly stated in the event description. It also keeps expectations in alignment with the event format/structure.
Please use a personal photo where you are recognizable for your profile as we like to know whom we are communicating with and we take attendance at our events. Otherwise you will not be admitted to the group or you might be removed from the group.
In order to receive important emails sent from Event Organizers, make sure that you have the following setting options enabled for this group: ‘Announcement about a specific Meetup’ and ‘Announcement to members about the group’.
There is drinking involved with some of our events, thus our events are for adults 21 and over.
Note that we sometimes remove inactive members from the group. We encourage active membership.
Important to Read Regarding Your Legal Rights
Disclaimer for Event Activities and Site Use / Release of Liability
In exchange for participation in the activities organized by the Eastbay Social Club (ESC) Meetup Group you agree for yourself and your guests (if applicable), to the following:
You are responsible for your own interactions with other members of the ESC Meetup Group. You understand that the group does not do background checks on any of our existing members or on new members joining the group. This site makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of its members. The organizers and event hosts of this group are NOT liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to your conduct or anyone else's conduct in connection with or attending an event with the ESC Meetup Group or use of this site. This includes, without limitation, bodily injury and emotional distress. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other members of the group, including if you decide to meet outside of an event. In addition, you agree to the group's terms and conditions noted above and to abide by them.
You agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by organizers or event hosts of the group when attending an event.
You recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the organized activities and you assume full responsibility for personal injury to yourself and (if applicable) to your guests, and further release and discharge the organizers and even hosts for injury, loss or damage arising out of your attendance or your guest’s attendance of an ESC event, whether caused by the fault of yourself, your guests, or other third parties.
You agree to indemnify and defend ESC against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgements, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in way arise from your attendance or your guest’s attendance of an ETB event.
You agree to pay for all damages to the facilities caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by you or your guests.
Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under California law.
You agree and acknowledge that you are under no pressure or duress to agree to this and that you have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before agreeing. You further agree and acknowledge that you are free to have your own legal counsel review this Agreement if you so desire.
YOU HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY JOINING THIS GROUP OR REMAINING A MEMBER OF THE GROUP, YOU VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER THESE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS NOTED ABOVE.