The Case for Elementor: Working Solo as a Product Designer
With all the different ways to build a website, it can be hard to choose the right method. The popularity of page builders gives people even more options to choose from. Rachel “Win” Winchester, a product designer and WordPress specialist, wants to make this choice easier for you by sharing her journey with the popular WordPress page builder, Elementor.
You'll learn about Rachel's decision to start using Elementor, the pros and cons of building Elementor sites for clients, and how she plans to keep using it in the future for freelance work.
This presentation is great for:
- UI/UX Designers looking to build their mockups or prototypes into live websites without compromising their designs to fit the platform
- Front-end developers, engineers, and coders curious about “code-less” products in their ecosystem that are sometimes seen as “competition”
- Entrepreneurs and hobbyists without engineering, development, or coding experience who are looking for the best way to create a website on their own
- WordPress enthusiasts who hear the words “Elementor” “User Experience” and “page builder” too often and want to know what the heck is going on
- Anyone comparing WordPress page builders (Divi, Beaver Builder)
- Anyone comparing Elementor to the Gutenberg block editor
- Anyone comparing Elementor to page builders on other platforms (Wix and Squarespace)
By the end of this talk, you will be one step closer to answering the question: is Elementor right for me?
Following the presentation, there will be an open group discussion on Elementor where people of all experience levels are welcome to share their insights. What has been your experience with Elementor? Do you plan to stick with it?
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Rachel started her journey with WordPress 4 years ago to experiment with building websites. 2 years ago she started using Elementor pro to gain more control and versatility over her sites' themes. The past year she has focused on user interface/user experience design (UI/UX) and product design while starting to build websites for clients. You can view her designs at visualwebmaster.com