addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The East Bay WordPress Meetup Group Message Board › Seeking input for Sunday's Meetup

Seeking input for Sunday's Meetup

Sallie G.
SallieGoetsch
Oakley, CA
Hi, everyone.

Noel can't make it on Sunday (at least, that's the latest info I have), so he's asked me to facilitate Sunday's meetup.

Our topic is supposed to be slideshows and galleries. I'm a little behind on this, though I'm going to do my best to catch up (I have a relevant client project), so I would REALLY LOVE IT if you can bring in some examples and experiences of your own. For instance, what are your favorite plugins, themes, and widgets for handling galleries, slideshows, portfolios, etc? Has anyone tried SlideShow Pro? (It's a paid add-on for Adobe Lightroom that creates gorgeous-looking slideshows, with a free WP plugin.) If so, is it worth the money, assuming you're doing client work, rather than just your own site?

Noel also suggested a second topic of SEO. Personally, I think it's ambitious to try to tackle two major subjects in 90 minutes, given the inevitable time it takes just to walk through demonstrations of different plugins etc in action, especially if we're moving from site to site and presenter to presenter in order to do so. SEO is a big topic, one people have done full-length WordCamp presentations on, and I'd prefer to leave it for a meetup of its own.

Thoughts?

E-mail the group or respond to me directly at sallie@podcastasylum.com.

Cheers,
Sallie
Jonathan F.
jonathanfleming
Oakland, CA
Post #: 1
Either topic is great...however SEO is a mouth full by itself and deserves its own time and class, just my two cents!

jonathan