I'd like to host a new kind of dating service for singles. I want to try to emulate a dating reality shows and have our local singles partake in the experience. Go beyond the standard dating profile, and do something fun, unique, & that encourages genuine social interactions. Seattle was just voted as the worst place for singles. I think this can fix that. Allowing people to interact, make friends, and maybe more.
This event will take place at Serial in Bellevue and the format will be a 2 hour event:
• 30 min - First 30 minutes will be arrival and registration. Share your info with the Serial crew & mingle with others in the event venue. Entertain yourselves with several activities like Jumbo Jenga, Foosball, or Shuffleboard.
• 1 hour - Participate in fun & interactive games that emulate those seen on dating reality shows. Everyone is expected to participate as they'll have a "party game" nature to them.
• 30 min - Continued socializing & match up. Confidentially share with us who you'd like to see again (simply to hang out as friends). If you and the other person share interest then we'll facilitate the exchange of numbers between you two.
Interact without the overwhelming pressure of it being ALL about dating (cause you'll be playing games!). have fun confidently and safely, and learn about people's true natures (competitive games can sometimes bring out the ugly... better to find out here!).
Rules about the group:
1) This group is not for pick-up or seduction techniques, or wingman tactics. This is about making genuine connections with others. It could be for making friends of the non-sexual kind or finding your next someone special. IT IS NOT ABOUT HOOKING UP. There's apps for that.
2) We have a zero tolerance policy. If you do you not respect your fellow single players then you will be asked to leave and never again be allowed to participate in future activities.
3) No exchanging of contact info during the event. To encourage a welcoming environment that minimizes the pressure of 'sharing info'. Single players are only obligated to share their first name during the event. Further sharing of info must happen through the match up process through Serial.