What we're about
Do you like to make things out of unusual objects? Are your cross stitch designs more subversive than standard? Is upcycling right up your alley? This may be the group for you!
This will be a non-structured group, just a place to hang out and make your own cool stuff. "Traditional" arts and crafters are absolutely welcome! It's more about the vibe in the room -- this will not be like your grandma's sewing circle!
Bring your own crafting stuff, or use some of ours. We don't have a ton of stuff, but you're welcome to what we have! We have lots of tools available for you use. Feel free to message me if you want to check if we have something you'll need.
We will provide a selection of diet sodas and a little snack, but you are welcome to bring your own beverage (including alcohol, as long as you are over 21, and please be responsible about your drinking), personal snack, or something to share.
We are looking for fun conversation, fantastic arts & crafts, and a general good time. Hope you can join us!!
Things to know:
- We have cats. They will be locked up during the meetup, but for some people, that is not enough.
- There are 2 steps to enter our house, and one inside. Entrance through the garage is available with only 1 step. The door to the bathroom has only 21" clearance, and mobility devices may not fit.
- Parking at our house is sometimes difficult. If you need closer parking, you can park in our driveway and directly in front of the driveway. Parking in front of the fire hydrant is at your own risk.
- We are atheist liberals who value social justice, and our house is LGBTQIA+ friendly. All are welcome to our house, as long as all conversations are respectful, and a topic is ceased when an end is requested.
- Our anti-harassment policy: Behavior such as deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, disruptive arguments, personal verbal attacks, offensive verbal comments (related to gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religious identity, etc.), fights, physical assault, inappropriate physical contact, unwelcome sexual attention, and any other act that may cause harm to oneself or others, is not allowed. We reserve the right to deny access to an event, remove from the event, and/or ban anyone who violates this policy.