What we're about
In 2018, from spring to autumn, cities from the Climate Innovation city global network, led by Ecopreneurs for the Climate (ECO4CLIM), are running climate-focused hackathons (“climathons”) addressed at young professionals, entrepreneurs and senior students, aimed at boosting eco-entrepreneurship, sustainable innovation, and collaborative networks of cities, all key levers for climate action.
• Identify city-level challenges related to climate change, both in terms of mitigation and adaptation
• Co-create sustainable & inclusive business solutions
• Train young professionals, entrepreneurs and senior students on climate change, eco-entrepreneurship and sustainable innovation
• Strengthen local green economy ecosystems
• Connect cities and foster exchanges of best practices and models among them
Who are they for?
• Young professionals
• Senior students at university or postgraduate studies
• Young ecopreneurs
What is the value created for participants?
• They can gain or benefit from:
• Specific knowledge on climate change
• Competences on eco-entrepreneurship and sustainable innovation
• Internships and jobs in sustainability
• End-of-studies projects, PhDs, and incubation programs
• Ideas, opportunities, and partners for business creation
• Participation in major national & international events (see prizes)
Ecopreneurs for the Climate Meetup - RD is a fortnightly community event where young people can meet up, help others to brainstorm, meeting new people.
Anyone interested in taking an active role can discuss this further with me.
#Eco4ClimRD - Innovation City Lab RD