A wee change to the planned ride, with less off road as we have not had time to fully recce the new route to Gullane.
• Difficulty: Intermediate. Usual reminders with regards to spare inner tubes, water, snacks, money for lunch etc.
• Distance: 45 miles.
• Bike: Hybrid or Cyclo-cross bike as some sections will be on gravel paths so not entirely suitable for a road bike with skinny tyres and a mountain bike will possibly slow you down on the road sections.
• Average speed: Rolling 10-12 mph (obviously a bit slower on the hills although there aren't too many.)
• Route Description:
• Join Linda and Alexis on a ride out into East Lothian
• Starting/finishing at Fisherrow Harbour beside the toilets
Heading out from Fisherrow we will utilise some of the cycle paths to avoid road sections on the coast road B1348 to Prestonpans where we will head up the footpath by Seaton Collegiate Church and cross over the railway level crossing at St Germains. We then follow the minor roads climbing gently at first then up a couple of short steeper sections towards the Garleton hills and Hopetoun Monument with amazing views out over the coast to Fife and beyond. A lovely easy mainly downhill section by Athelstaneford follows all the way to lunch at Archerfield walled garden cafe.
The return route is shorter and easier heading inland by West Fenton and around the back of Aberlady before returning along the busier coast road to Port Seaton where we join the cycle paths back to start.
*** PLEASE ARRIVE FOR 9:55 AT THE LATEST, WE WANT TO GET GOING BY 10:00
***We've had quite a lot of no-shows or late cancellations recently, which is not fair to those on the waiting list - Please keep your RSVP up to date if you have a place and can no longer join the ride***