addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Edmonton Screenwriters Meetup Message Board › Screenwriting format

Screenwriting format

Russ M.
user 13150570
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 11
Just to follow up on our discussion on the 17th, formatting is critical to screenwriting. One tool I have book marked is

For me, reading about how to write has been an important part of my journey. My two favourite books on screenwriting are Story by Robert McKee and The Anatomy of Story by John Truby. Three others I’ve read that weren’t too bad are Adventures in Screenwriting by William Goldman, The Screenwriter’s Bible by David Trottier and Screenplay by Syd Field.

I also like Terry Rossio’s (co-writer of the Pirates of the Caribbean series) 53 short essays on screenwriting at this link:­

There are some BAFTA podcasts on screenwriting that are an excellent listen at­s-lecture-series,3413,BA.html. A couple of my favourites were Julian Fellowes from the 2012 series and William Nicholson from the 2011 series.

Last night Jason said he had success with Black List (, a site for posting unproduced screenplays where they are scored and can get noticed by producers.