addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

EdTech Meetup CO Message Board › Free Game Design Training at CU

Free Game Design Training at CU

Alex
user 8131074
Boulder, CO
Post #: 6
Our 2012 Scalable Game Design Summer Institute application has just opened up. Please apply or share this application with fellow teachers, principals, and school district management. The Scalable Game Design Summer Institute is most relevant to EdTech and STEM teachers at middle school and high school levels. They will receive the equivalent of $1500 professional development plus University of Colorado credits in computational thinking and 21st Century skills aligned with ISTE NETS, and Common Core Science Standards.

This is the invitation: http://scalablegamede...­

9NEWs coverage of the 2011 Summer Institute: http://www.9news.com/...­

best, Alex
A former member
Post #: 1
Speaking as someone who did the Summer Institute last year, I can tell you it was definitely worth the time and I highly recommend it. Met some great people, was well supported, and really enjoyed my two weeks there. Most of all, computational thinking is an incredibly important 21st century skill, and the more (in numbers and diversity) educators who can bring this to their schools, the better.