Effortless Networking for Job Seekers Message Board › HOT: US / MA / BOSTON / SR IT PROJECT MANAGER / CONTRACT / 1 YEAR
HOT: US / MA / BOSTON / SR IT PROJECT MANAGER / CONTRACT / 1 YEAR
APPLY - email@example.com / 781.273.1200 x303
Duration: 1 Year
Rate: $64.90 Corp-To-Corp
Seeking an experienced IT Project Manager to lead and manage a new IT project. This position requires extensive knowledge of application development methodologies as well as strong management skills.
Manage, plan, organize and control operations and activities of IT Projects for the secretariat IT Project Management Office. Duties include: overseeing multiple projects to ensure proper management, creating and maintaining project plans, ensuring users and project team member roles and responsibilities are clearly defined, coordinating and monitoring activities to ensure project is completed on time and within budget, ensure user requirements, deliverables and approvals are defined and documented, promote use of PMI best practices, report project status to the IT Project Management Office, Senior IT and Business management, including the articulation of impediments, risk analysis, risk mitigations, timeline and budget impacts.
• Work with IT and business stakeholders to develop and implement detailed project plans
• Lead efforts to define project requirements with key business stakeholders
• Closely manage project development process to include monitoring project scope and change control processes
• Ensure project team has comprehensive knowledge of the agency’s application development methodology, including but not limited to quality control and change management process
• Ensure all project documentation is prepared in accordance with agency standards and published in a timely fashion
• Coordinate project activities for adherence to project plan and agency standards and policies
• Establish a comprehensive defects tracking process to ensure all testing efforts are performed locally as well as with other teams and are documented
• Report on project status, risks and mitigation strategies on a weekly basis to application stake holders and senior management as required
• Identify key risks and their impact on the project
• Develop detailed project plans, work breakdown structures, project checklists, and budget maintenance to meet established time lines as well as funding and resource limitations
• Lead efforts for hiring and training of project team as needed
• Ensuring effective communication between non-technical and technical teams
• Monitor results against established timelines, deliverables, tasks, dependencies and associated technical specifications
• Adhere to established Commonwealth policy and procedures with respect to project management methodology quality assurance and other related standards
• Minimum (5) five years of extensive hands-on experience managing multiple high profile projects concurrently with full development, implementation and financial accountability.
• Minimum (5) five years of IT experience in one or more technical roles
• Minimum (2) two years’ experience managing large scale applications with multiple interfaces across various environments.
• Strong communication skills and ability to interact easily with technical and non-technical staff across multiple agencies conveying complex technical concepts in simple business terms.
• Knowledge of the related IT standards and software (i.e., Microsoft Office-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and other project management tools)
• Bachelor’s degree in business or a related technical field
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task and flexibly adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with Conflict resolution, consensus building and mediation skills
• Experience managing resources under a matrix reporting structure
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate