Spend a week hiking and camping in the beautiful mountains of western China!
Take a break from the city and allow remote alpine vistas to invigorate your life.
Elevate Wilderness Adventures specializes in week-long guided small-group trips traveling and living in beautiful mountain landscapes of western China. Who should join?
• Anyone interested in multi-day hiking and camping in pristine wilderness areas in western China (Sichuan, Yunnan, Xinjiang, Qinghai)
• All skill levels are welcome, from newcomer to experienced. Note: trips are physically strenuous, requiring ALL participants to carry full packs (15-25kg) of their own gear plus a portion of shared group food and equipment.
• Don't have the skills/equipment? Sounds intriguing but unsure is you are mentally or physically capable? We can help. Outdoor travel and living skills training are a part of every trip. We offer pre-trip training guidance and high-quality gear rental.Our values
• Safety & Professionalism: Our guides hold professional outdoor leadership training and active wilderness first responder (first aid) certification from the National Outdoor Leadership School and Wilderness Medicine Institute in the USA.
• Real WILDERNESS: We take you “off-the-beaten-path” into the heart of China's most beautiful raw natural areas few people ever see. We are unlikely to come into contact with other humans, just spectacular landscapes and wildlife. All of our routes have been thoroughly researched and scouted to ensure a truly special wilderness experience.
• Education: We will equip you with the skills to to plan and carry out multi-day backpacking trips. The unique nature of facing and overcoming challenges in the backcountry will develop valuable personal character traits transferrable to your daily life the “front-country”.
• Excellence: We cut no corners. We strive to offer the absolute highest quality wilderness backpacking experience in China to maximize your comfort and safety. Our group gear (tents, cook stove, medical kit, etc.) are all imported and of the highest quality. We've been trained by world-class outdoor educators. Excellence in wilderness backpacking skills education is part of every trip we take.
• Respect for the environment: We introduce and observe Leave No Trace (LNT) principles on every trip. Our guides are certified LNT Master Trainers (www.lnt.org). All trip participants observe LNT principles.
We proudly hold certification and membership with:
What we are NOT…
• We are NOT a leisure travel or cultural tourism group. Visiting historical and cultural sites is wonderful but that is not what this group is about. Our focus is hiking and camping deep in nature.
Why did we start? Who are we?
• We strive to contribute to the world by providing wilderness backpacking experiences that benefit people and the environment.
• We aim to further develop the skilled and ethical backpacking community in China.
• We believe in pushing limits, sharing the adventure with others and the transformational power of spending time in raw nature.
• We design and guides small group wilderness backpacking experiences in pristine mountains ranges of western China.
When will we host trips?
We plan to host at least one trip per month. Yes, even in winter if you're up for the challenge!
Are you ready to take a break from routine, push your comfort zone, meet like-minded people on an unforgettable backcountry adventure. We're going into the heart of China’s most beautiful wilderness areas few people ever see: rugged snow-capped peaks, glaciers, clear streams, wildflowers and hopefully some wildlife. Join us!
A few more photos taken our past trips: