Let's meet up in April!
We currently have two speakers (if you'd like to speak then see below):
1. Anton Sakharov (CTO @ MLSDev) — Playing with Elixir/Phoenix (20 minutes for a beginner audience and upward)
How I rewrote an old Rails app into Elixir/Phoenix
2. Joseph Yiasemides — Teaching Elixir with the Jupyter Notebook (10 minutes for a beginner audience and upward)
Teaching Elixir with the help of the Jupyter Notebook is a great experience! It gives us leverage on IEx (Elixir’s interactive shell) and Elixir itself. We'll go through the good, the bad, and the ugly. There's much more good than the later two.
Please sign up to talk here:
If you need inspiration... how about a 5, 20, or 40 minute talk on one of the following?
- An open source Elixir project you've contributed to
- How your company is using Elixir
- Personal experience coming to Elixir (e.g. from another language)
- An Elixir initiative like "Elixir School"
We'll try to rally up speakers and to host somewhere other than the Erlang Solutions office... so we'll keep you posted about the location. If you want to propose a space for the future then reach out to us