IT'S BALL SEASON IN THE CAPITOL OF AUSTRIA! INSTEAD OF FLYING TO AUSTRIA, WE BRING AUSTRIA TO YOU - AN AUSTRIAN BALL ON AUSTRIAN SOIL!
The majesty of Vienna comes alive through one of the greatest classical composers ever. Tonight, we return to the fairy tale era of the 1800s and recreate the spirit of Johann Strauss who comes alive as we present an evening dedicated to his fantastic work! The genius behind The Blue Danube, Kaiser-Walzer, Tales from the Vienna Woods, and the Tritsch-Tratsch-Polka. Don your best outfits and be transported to one of the most beautiful and admired countries in all of Europe as we bring together the glory of Old Austria with the allure of Modern Western Europe.
This event is perfect for both couples and singles alike and we expect a sellout audience of young professionals to this grand event.
1) STRAUSS VIENNESE MUSICAL AND DANCE PRESENTATION: Taking center stage for a 20 minute presentation, dressed in pure Viennese style, we'll marvel at a fantastic waltz presentation set to the Blue Danube or the Emperor's Waltz by Strauss.
2) DANCE LESSON AND GRAND MARCH: Local Ballroom Dance Masters will be on hand at the ball. They will teach and lead you to shine in two of Strauss’ famous pieces including the Blue Danube and the Emperor’s Waltz! As a bonus, we’ll learn the basic steps to master the Fledermaus Quadrille.
3) OPERA PRESENTATION: Local Opera Stars will be on hand to perform excerpts some of Strauss’ most famous Opera Pieces including Die Fledermaus and Der Zigeunerbaron.
4) LIVE BALLROOM DANCING: After the lessons and opera, practice your moves in a classic 18th century setting. Our instructors and performers will be on hand to guide you through this magical night.
5) AUSTRIAN NIGHTCLUB: In the latter part of the evening, we will visit the greatest Austrian nightclubs as Washington, D.C.'s greatest D.J.s deliver us the best in retro, swing, salsa and top 40 dancing - European style!
6) AUSTRIAN OPEN BAR: Partake in a full evening of an open bar consisting of the of the finest wines and beers found in the best of the Austrian vineyards! Bar consists of Wine, Beer and Non alcoholic beverages.
7) AUSTRIAN DESSERTS: If you ever strolled through an Austrian marketplace and looked in the store windows you can't help but be tempted by those delectable desserts, and we'll have them for you to enjoy tonight as well: linzer tortes, hazelnut tortes, Viennese apple tarts, Austrian white and dark chocolate florentines, and bittersweet Austrian chocolate squares dusted with confectioner's sugar. Enjoy a late evening buffet of these tantalizing Austrian delights, all as if picked from the best pastry shops in Austria.
8) AUSTRIAN MOVIE: For your potential traveling and cultural interests, enjoy an optional viewing of the scenery, culture and people of Austria
9) DIPLOMATIC GREETING:
Suggested Attire: Black Tie Option; Semi Formal at a Minimum