Rich in history and full of culture! Return to the Old Country as our Young Professional Cultural Society invites you onto foreign soil to celebrate the people, cuisine, history and culture of this former Soviet Republic - Lithuania.
Our very special evening features:
- LITHUANIAN DINNER
Native chefs will prepare an exquisite buffet of authentic Lithuanian dishes for your enjoyment, including:
- Marinated Lithuanian hering with mushrooms sauce
- Marinated mushrooms
- Fish filet in tomato and onion sauce
- Pork tenderloin with horseraddish sauce
- Lithuanian potato salad
- Fresh Lithuanian garden salad
- Lithuanian bread
- "Balandeliai" (Doves) - cabbage leaves stuffed with meat and rice, goes with Red potatoes with dill
- "Kugelis" - potato pie with mushroom& sour cream sauce
...and a special Lithuanian cake for dessert, with coffee and tea.
- LITHUANIAN BAR
Sample Lithuanian wines, beers and other favorite cocktails from the region.
- LITHUANIAN MUSIC AND DANCE PERFORMANCE
Experience Jore, a traditional Lithuanian folk group, whose songs and dances are accompanied by traditional Lithuanian instruments including kanklės (a box zither), flutes, pan-pipes, accordion, drums, violin and bagpipes. Wearing full native costumed, Jore will take us on a musical journey of Lithuania’s cities, countryside and history.
- DIPLOMATIC GREETING
Meet Lithuanian diplomats as they talk and answer questions about Lithuania.
- LITHUANIAN FILM
See the beautiful lands, culture and people of Lithuania as we preview a film prepared by the embassy.
- LITHUANIAN ART AND NATIVE DOLLS
Tour the embassy’s rare collection of beautiful dolls, paintings, sculptures and other artistic pieces.