Jun 21, 2014 · 10:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Today we're going to break from our bloggr-cli-firebase app in favor of starting again w/ a very similar (but simplifed) app to show **speakers** and their associated **presentations**. Along the way, we'll be showing the following new technologies:
• Test-Driven Development using QUnit
• An API-backend using the latest Rails 4.
This will be easier than it sounds; take a look at the tutorials that we'll be using:
• Building an Ember App with Rails Part 1 2 3 and 4
For those attending, you will need to have accomplished the following beforehand:
• Watch AND DO the steps in Tom Dale's video at the beginning of the Ember Guides; you will learn much more by doing than by just watching. Do the exercise on the laptop you plan to bring to the hackfest in the next step.
• Bring a laptop capable of both doing programming in EmberJS AND Google Hangout. We use Hangout around the table to send links and other info among us; it is also great for sharing instructional videos when needed.
There will be donuts and coffee/tea/filtered water.
Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday!