Do you love Colorado and love hiking but are hesitant to sign up for other Meetups? Do most of the trips seem too long or have unrealistic expectations? Have you gone but then feel like you are always holding up the group?
Slow hikers unite! Hike with others that will embrace your pace and finally feel like you belong in the outdoors!
We welcome folks of all shapes and sizes*, particularly if you:
• Are elevation challenged
• Feel oxygen deprived or have “small lungs”, particularly on uphills
• Are a Colorado transplant
• Are active but still a bit out of shape
• Like to stop and enjoy the view – a lot
• Are a photo addict
• Are aging gracefully but need to slow down
• Are coming back from an injury
• Only run when chased (had to throw that in there for you fellow “I’ll never be an Ironman” folks)
• Looking to make some friends that enjoy a more casual, recreational pace
Typical EYP Hike:
• Base pace will be 1ish mile/hour (trips may have different target paces based on distance and elevation gain).
• 1-5 miles
• up to 1,000’ elevation gain.
• Many breaks will be taken to catch breath, snap a photo, watch wildlife, or just take in the view.
• 1-2 outings a month. If there are folks who would like a slower or faster target pace let’s set up more trips!
• Supportive group that helps build confidence in each other and ourselves. Leave no man behind mentality.
We welcome all members to plan and lead trips of their own.
*We only ask that if you do have health issues to please make smart choices on the length, duration, and difficulty of trips you choose to enjoy with the group. Trip leaders are not responsible for your safety, but act as coordinators for the group. Know yourself and know your limits.
Membership is open to everyone
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members