16000 NE 10th St., Bellevue, WA
This is a fun and relaxed class, open to everyone. The class is geared to intermediate level and above. Each week, we cover a different topic: it could be vocabulary, useful phrases, idioms, pronunciation, grammar, or cultural tips. We focus on English that is useful in everyday life! Students can feel free to ask lots of questions and request help on specific topics.
We hope you can join us. Please RSVP so we know how many people to expect.
The class is free, but we have a donation jar. It helps us pay for class materials if students can contribute $5 once per quarter. Donations are optional.
• Sept. 21- Greetings, Conversational Skills, Forming Questions
• Sept. 28- Who, Whose, Who's; Pronunciation; Idioms/Health vocab
• Oct. 5- Healthcare in the U.S. & Going to the Doctor
• Oct. 12- NO CLASS
• Oct. 19- Healthcare in the U.S. & Going to the Doctor (continued)
• Oct. 26- Special Guest Presenter: Larissa Chuprina, PhD
• Nov. 2- Intonation/Pronunciation; U.S. Election Process
• Nov. 9- Shopping, Returns, Exchanges (vocab & useful info)
• Nov. 16- Kitchen vocabulary and Thanksgiving Cooking Class!
• Nov. 23- NO CLASS
• Nov. 30- Using the U.S. Post Office; Winter Weather Preparedness
• Dec. 7- Inviting, Accepting, Declining (vocab & cultural info)
• Dec. 14- Last class- International Holiday Potluck!
Directions to Crossroads Community Center:
The group will meet at Crossroads Community Center. It is located just behind Crossroads Mall and Stone Gardens, next to Sunrise Senior Living building, at the entrance to the park (See map below or click on map above)
Directions by car: Take 8th Street, then turn onto 160th Ave NE (it's marked as PRIVATE ROAD). There is a flashing traffic signal at the intersection, and a Domino's Pizza restaurant. Drive to the end of the road and you will find the Community Center, just beyond the Sunrise Senior Living Center.
Directions by foot from inside the mall: Exit through Joann's Fabrics, walk across the parking lot. You will see a path leading into the parking lot of the Community Center. The building is brown with some green trim. It's next to the Sunrise Senior Living center.