Seedstars World is a worldwide startup competition focused on emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes. In 2013, the competition traveled to 20 cities around the world. This year the competition is traveling to 30+ cities to find the best startups and bring them to Europe to get funded.
Seedstars World will land in Shanghai on September 25th and is partnering up with Entrepnr, OpenCompany, Swissnex, AngelVest and Chinaccelerator to find the best local startup.
Up to 20 startups will be pitching on the day of the event. 1 startup will be selected as "Seedstars Shanghai Regional Winner" and will be offered:
- a free trip to Switzerland to participate in a 3-day bootcamp & the big Final Event.
- a chance to compete for up to $500K of funding & the opportunity to pitch in front of a wide panel of European investors (Seedstars World winners from 2013 raised over $6M)
- strong global visibility (http://seedstarsworld.com/seedstars-world-final-event-tickets) and brand awareness
- the opportunity to join a fast-growing global network of entrepreneurs (http://seedstarsworld.com/network) who support each other
- last but not least – unlimited refill of Swiss fondue (the national dish of Switzerland) and the opportunity to come ski in the Swiss Alps !
Some pictures (https://www.flickr.com/photos/116438385@N05/sets/) to give you a feel of what the winners from 2013 could experience !
Participation fee: RMB 150 (or US$ 25) per person
It includes drinks/cakes in the afternoon and also access to the Entrepreneurs Cocktail taking place after the competition which comes with 2 drinks (wine, beer, soft) and a buffet!