12P Smithfield road, 4/F Cheung Hing Industrial building, Kennedy Town, Hong Kong
Please make sure to secure your spot here: http://bit.ly/2l62Nuk
Chris Sykes, English solicitor and co-founder of Dragon Law, will be opening our series of Legal Academy workshops by talking about how you should approach legal matters, and some simple ways to go about protecting your business.
Chris will cover the following
- Introduction to the Legal Academy at Campfire
- Why law is important but shouldn't be a worry!
- A few ways to protect your intellectual property (IP) - Trade Marks, Patent, Trade Secrets and documents
- Key documents you need when adding senior people/co-founders - Share Vesting, Employment Agreements
- Shareholders's Agreement - vital document for running your company
- Question and answer session
A complimentary breakfast will be provided
#1 - Introduction and Setting Up - Feb. 22
- Introduction to program
- Quickly overview company incorporation/company secretary/bank account opening (for those who haven't done it yet)
- Protecting your Intellectual Property
- Building your core team: Share Vesting Agreements, Consultancy/Employment Agreements
#2 - Growing your business - March 8th
- Recruiting staff/interns
- Outsourcing to Consultants
- Implementing technology to run your business
#3 - Working with with other businesses - March 22
- What to watch out for and key ideas
- Referral Agreements
- Collaboration Agreements
- Supply of Services Agreement
#4 - Rewarding Staff and expansion internationally - April 5
- Share vesting
- Bonuses/Employee Share Options
- Growing abroad
#5 - Getting investment - April 19
- creating a Business Plan
- Documents when dealing with investors
- What kind of investment?
#6 - Review of other topics and summary - May 10
- [PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO SUBMIT QUESTIONS IN ADVANCE]
- Q&A session
About the speaker
'Chris is a Solicitor of England and Wales and is now Head of Legal at Dragon Law. He practiced law in England as a criminal defense lawyer, before moving to Spain where he worked as a law teacher and trainer, before moving to Hong Kong to help set up Dragon Law.
About Dragon Law
Dragon Law offers businesses a SaaS platform for the easy creation, e-signing, and cloud storage of legal documents. Dragon Law's technology lets businesses protect themselves while massively reducing legal budgets.'
Campfire Collaborative Space started in 2016. With a set goal of helping people in Hong Kong to achieve their passions through hard work and perseverance. We understand that finding office spaces in Hong Kong can be tough and a time-consuming process. At Campfire we provide a reliable and flexible coworking space as an easy solution for your office needs.
Campfire Collaborative Space
4/F Cheung Hing Industrial Building
12P Smithfield road, Kennedy Town
MTR Kennedy Town ExitA
(2min walk from MTR; make a U-turn on Smithfield road, 1st building entrance on the left)