Location visible to members
Jim Mcabee has been in Esri for almost 2 decades and specializes in Enterprise Architectures and Data Management. During the last User Conference Jim presented “Troubleshooting Performance with Enterprise Geodatabase (http://video.esri.com/watch/1968/troubleshooting-performance-issues-with-an-enterprise-geodatabase)” .
How to join the meeting?
• Login as Guest (please supply name and organization name)
• Meeting audio conference number:[masked]
• Participant passcode:[masked]
This presentation is based on the experiences in supporting production deployment: - Best practices surrounding the implementation and management of a complex versioned editing environment.
- Enterprise architecture considerations - architecture, testing, backup/recovery, ETL, other systems, etc..
- Basics of versioning, reconciling, posting and compress - architecture, maintenance, replica/synch considerations.
- Basic Geodatabase maintenance best practices - versioning maintenance, statistics, indexes and automation of maintenance
- Editing the parcel fabric - complex feature, care must be given to workflows
- Flat version architecture - one version deep
- Non-version tables - not everything has to be, nor will it be versioned
- Critical nature of reconcile to parcel fabric editing
- Performance with complex versioned editing
- Archiving - needed? pros and cons and alternatives
- Annotation may need optimization
- Troubleshooting and performance
- Resources (links to help, classes, etc...)