addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Land Records Meetup Message Board › Parcel Fabric in Indian Country

Parcel Fabric in Indian Country

Elaina O.
elainaCole
Hoopa, CA
Post #: 1
Hello All, I am working on migrating trust & allotment tracts, land assignment (leases), county parcels, and cadastral survey information into a parcel fabric for the Yurok Indian Reservation. Has anyone seen or heard of another Native American tribe doing this and perhaps having an information model specifically for Reservation scenarios?
Brent J.
Brent_Jones
Reston, VA
Post #: 2
We've discussed this with several tribes. The COTS data model seems to work fine. Some of the issues with tribes are with fractional ownership, but that doesn't effect the parcel boundaries. If you're attending the UC, we can meet to best understand your situation.
Jeff S.
user 76563522
Duluth, MN
St Louis County in Minnesota is working with our two Indian communities with a parcel Fabric structure. We have stacked parcels that deal with fractional ownership. We have a simpler Land record issue on what public/tribal ownership is recorded. USA, Tribal, BLM and a lot of "Unknown". A fair bit of research (from County, Federal and Tribal interests) will be needed to resolve (quit claim) issues that some of these public ownerships (original Patented Land) got transferred back in the day.
A procedure not used today.
Sounds like a ArcGIS online app is needed !!
Elaina O.
elainaCole
Hoopa, CA
Brent, are you referring to the local government information model? I have edited that model some to fit my needs, but it still isn't working with all of my unique land issues. Yes fractional ownership is an issue, but also we hold land leases within trust land as well as having multiple "overlaps" within our area where two different surveyors overlapped leaving tracts of land with 2 different legal descriptions as well as this leading to title issues over trust vs (private) fee ownership. What Jeff is describing also sounds a lot like our situation, but over the last few years we have been working with BLM, County, and BIA to clear some of it up.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello,

It is nice to hear from someone else interesting in migrating allotment and tribal tracts held in trust to another system that is more flexible and useable that what they are currently struggling with. We at Northern Cheyenne Agency - have migrated to another model. I encourage that you view Stu Kirkpatrick's MEETUP "Implementing the Parcel Maintenance Solution in Montana. That would be the first step for public records but once you have migrated over to this system I can help you implement the trust records, leases, homesite surveys, easements of ROWS (i.e. access roads, Electrical lines, telephones lines, etc...)

In kind Spirit,
DIGGY