Our 3d meetup this year is kindly hosted by ABN-AMRO in Living Tomorrow/Huis van de Toekomst. Walk-in from 18h00 on, start at 19h00 sharp, finish around 22h. We will have food and drinks!
Please note: you'll need to show your ID at the entrance (comes with the venue, not meetup policy).
Talks (program subject to change)
1. Swarm for dApp devs! (Viktor Tron (https://twitter.com/zeligf) and Aron Fischer (https://twitter.com/mathsguy)) : 45'
On the Swarm storage layer of ethereum, the incentive system, web3 preview and roadmap
2. Gnosis and prediction markets (Stefan George (https://twitter.com/stefandgeorge), Consensys): 45'
How to build a prediction market on Ethereum: all components needed to build a prediction market and an example on how to do it with Gnosis
Show and Tell
Like last time, we'll also have a number of mini-talks: 5-minute demos, or even just pitches for a project you’re working on, or planning to work on. No slides required.
• Sjors Provoost (https://plutus.it/)challenging you to hack his DAO (https://dao-challenge.herokuapp.com/).
• Peter Reitsma (https://twitter.com/preitsma) on Decentralized Assets ( http://www.decentralizedcapital.com )
Want to present too? Message Pascal and Joris by using the Organizers Contact button in the left navigation bar (or at the top in the mobile web app).
NOTE: this is a developer meetup, discussing Ethereum development topics. We will not be discussing broader or less technical subjects such as the impact on society, currency trading, or the relationship with Bitcoin. We warmly refer to our Bitcoin friends, some of whom have covered Ethereum-related subjects before: BTC Wednesday (http://www.meetup.com/BitcoinWednesday/), BTC Amsterdam (http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Amsterdam/), BTC Embassy (http://www.meetup.com/Bitcoin-Embassy-Amsterdam/). There are also several new Blockchain-branded groups (http://www.meetup.com/find/?allMeetups=false&keywords=blockchain&radius=100&userFreeform=Amsterdam%2C+Netherlands&mcId=c1029969&mcName=Amsterdam%2C+NL&sort=recommended&eventFilter=mysugg).
New to development on Ethereum?
We welcome new people to the meetup, we do ask however that you do some effort beforehand to familiarise yourself with Ethereum. These videos (all of them embedded here too (http://www.meetup.com/Amsterdam-Ethereum-Meetup/events/228400953/)) are a good start:
• Gavin Wood, Ethereum for dummies (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_LK0t_qaPo)
• Vitalik Buterin, Understanding the Ethereum Blockchain protocol (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjwr-7PgpN8):