Technologies like Ethereum enable an entire new class of applications to be developed: DApps. Those are fully decentralized applications that use Ethereum and other technologies to completely remove the need for a central trusted 3rd party.
In this workshop we will focus on the entire process of transforming an idea into a smart contract. If possible come with a simple idea that you want to realise as a contract. Some default ideas will be provided as a fallback. During the workshop you will develop, test and deploy the contract (onto a private chain or testnet).
Please note that the expected prior knowledge is at least basic familiarity with solidity (at the level of our first workshop). If you're unsure, have a look at the example contracts of the first workshop (https://github.com/ahirner/ethereum/tree/master/Workshop%2016-11-19).
Likely topics include:
• Common patterns to map real world concepts to the ethereum world
• "Advanced" Solidity concepts
• Using geth / node.js to work with contracts
• Testing (with solidity and JS)
• Overview of standard contracts (Namereg, token standard, etc.)
• Deployment using a development framework
• Manual deployment using node.js (probably)
Expected prior knowledge:
• At least basic familiarity with solidity (at the level of our first workshop)
What you should have installed:
• geth (as a standalone, not just Mist)
• working installation of node.js / npm (required)
There is no need to sync any chain.
If you have problems with setting up geth, you can come 15 minutes earlier and we can help you out.