Technologies like Ethereum enable an entire new class of applications to be developed: DApps. Those are fully decentralized applications that use Ethereum and other technologies to completely remove the need for a central trusted 3rd party.
In this workshop we will focus on the basics of contract development using Solidity, the official language for ethereum contracts, and contract deployment to a blockchain.
• Basic introduction to the EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine)
• Solidity syntax and semantics
• Using Ethereum Studio IDE
• Implementing contracts in solidity (main part)
• Deployment using web3.js (only if time)
Expected prior knowledge:
• Basic knowledge about Ethereum at the level of our Introduction Presentation (https://github.com/ahirner/ethereum/raw/master/introduction.pdf)
• At least basic programming skills
Having a (free) account for the Ethereum Studio IDE (https://live.ether.camp) is recommended. Please also make sure your laptop has working wifi. Alternatively you can use the solidity online compiler.