To kick off a series of discussions of key Ethereum concepts, Steve Omohundro (http://steveomohundro.com/) will present the basics of smart contracts. He'll discuss:
• Why contract law is society's programming language.
• Nick Szabo (https://twitter.com/NickSzabo4)'s radical invention of smart contracts (http://szabo.best.vwh.net/) in 1993.
• The smart contract facilities in Bitcoin.
• The smart contract facilities in Ethereum.
• How to create “DAO”s (“Distributed Autonomous Organizations”) and “DAS”s (“Distributed Autonomous Societies”) using smart contracts.
These presentations are intended to be interactive with lots of questions and discussion. Ideas will be presented in a clear and easy to understand way for those new to Ethereum while still being engaging for experts.