What we're about
Ethical Open Ottawa (EOO) welcomes all those who want to learn and/or share their own experiences around non-traditional, non-monogamous relationship models. EOO’s goal is to create a safe space for adults of any age and any relationship status to discuss topics around polyamory. We also host social activities where like-minded folks can connect and be part of a strong, accepting and supportive community.
NOTE: EOO meetup is not a dating site and our events are not for hooking up. Unsolicited messages to other members asking for dates or private meetups are not supported. Reports that a member is sending unsolicited, unwelcome messages, may result in being removed from the group.
Members are encouraged to suggest and/or to host events. We prefer events to be free or low cost, and at the same time appreciate donations to event hosts to cover event costs.
EOO is a cooperative and collaborative group. Though we rely on the integrity of our organizers, we also believe that all members share the responsibility to create a safe and respectful space for sharing and learning.
EOO’s general event guidelines:
• Be respectful of others’ boundaries: do not assume consent and always ask permission before touching or hugging someone.
• Respect diverse opinions and beliefs: we are all here to learn and we all have something to offer.
• Share the space: do not monopolize the conversation or interrupt others. The hosts/moderators will step in if needed.
• Communicate authentically: speak to your own feelings and experiences. Using “I-statements” as much as possible is strongly encouraged as this creates more genuine heartfelt conversation.
• Honour specific requests of members who are hosting events, e.g. no smoking on property, no scented products in their home, arriving/leaving by a certain time, etc.
EOO welcomes adults of all ages, relationships statuses, ethno-cultural backgrounds, socio-economic statuses, physical abilities, gender identities and sexual orientations.
Questions, comments and feedback are very welcome! Please contact EOO Organizer Ellen Dickson (https://www.meetup.com/Ethical-Open-Ottawa/members/187541600/).