addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Evanston Knitting Meetup Group Message Board › Meetup plans

Meetup plans

Malik
hipcirclestudio
Group Organizer
Evanston, IL
Hello, Knitters!

It was great fun getting to meet so many of you last month, and I'm so looking forward to knitting (and nibbling) with you all again in March!  At the meetup we discussed briefly what kinds of things we'd like to do with our time together, and I wanted to follow up on a few things.

* Knitting for Charity - Sarah La Fleur was kind enough to do some research and came to the meetup with patterns in hand for a hat-making charity for premies.  Several of you expressed interest in this project, which was great, but it turns out that the pickup date had already passed for the items.  Bummer!

* Sharing our Skills - We had a great blend of new and experienced knitters in the room that night, and some knowledge sharing started happening dynamically which was fun to see.  There was some interest expressed in making that sharing a bit more formal, perhaps with some teaching happening at future meetups.

* Knit-along - A few of us talked about working on a project together in knit-along fashion (where we all work the same pattern over the same period of time with check-ins along the way).  I'm happy to put this together but will need some feedback as to what type of items folks what to create.

All of this leads up to...a poll!  I will be putting some questions together to poll the group and would love to have a HUGE response before the next meetup so we can put some things into action right away.  If you think I've missed an area that we discussed last time in my summation above, please let me know today or tomorrow so I can get the poll published this weekend.  If you weren't able to join us last month but have thoughts, wishes, or wants, let me know and I'll include them in the poll.  We'll go with whatever things get the most votes and will see where that leads us over the coming months.

Happy Knitting!

Malik