G'Day All, this month we are going to get clarity on Design Thinking, what does it mean, how does it work, how the design thinking process improves customer experience and how can you start getting benefits as soon as possible.
In this session we will explore:
• Key frameworks and philosophies that make up Design Thinking including Lean, Agile, Human Centred Design & Lean Startup
• What is classical Design Thinking supported by an overview of the Double Diamond and the Design Sprint
• Real world examples of Design Thinking in action including AirBnb, Twitch TV, XERO and the Royal Australian Air Force
• What is a Design Culture and what could organisation look like as it starts to adopt a Design Thinking mindset
• Realistic strategies on how you can start benefiting from Design Thinking tomorrow
At the end of the talk you will feel confident having much more targeted conversations around adopting a unique Design Thinking mindset & approach that will work for you, your team and your organisation.
Presenter: Josh Centner from Elabor8
Josh is the Head of Product and Design Services for Elabor8 with background in strategy, consulting, experience design and product development. He has strong experience managing and launching products in both the startup and corporate world and is passionate about growing the adoption of Human Centred Design, Design Thinking & Lean Startup.
Driven by the belief that every organisation is different and that there’s no such thing as a ‘one size fits all’ approach, his philosophy when partnering with clients is to look to learn about their business, priorities, opportunities and challenges, and apply his experience in Product and Design to ensure great outcomes for both the client and their customers.
As always (we copy and paste this text from the previous meetup) there will be food and drinks, some FUN! and a chance to mingle and network so RSVP early to secure your place. Looking forward to seeing you there!
David and the Sydney Agile BA PO Meetup team