This is an alternative to the road trip in June. It is for a longer duration and September is a better time to see the rest of Northern India, than June.
Ladakh is one of the remotest places on earth, with a population density of 3 people per square km. It is in the North of India, sandwiched between Tibet on one side and Indian Kashmir on the other. It is in the heart of the Himalayas, the main town of the region, Leh is 3,500 m high. It is surrounded by valleys and peaks and you will go up as high as 4,500 m.
It is a mecca for travelers looking for unspoiled beauty, spirituality, and adventure. You can choose to do a rough and tumble hiking and camping trip and be one with nature or make a cultural experience to meet the locals and visit the many Buddhist and other religious places.
This is a 15-day trip that starts from New Delhi on the 15th of August from New Delhi and finishes in New Delhi 29th August.
You will take a train from New Delhi to Chandigarh and from there slowly make you way up by road to Ladakh. Spend a week exploring different parts of the region and then fly back to New Delhi.
For a detailed Itinerary click the links below:
The Costs for the Road Trip Option is £950.
Included in the Price:
• One night’s accommodation in New Delhi in 4-star hotel (On a twin share basis), with breakfast
• Executive class train ticket from New Delhi to Chandigarh
• All local transport from Chandigarh for the duration of the stay.. A dedicated Van will be available for the use of the group during the stay
• Accommodation as listed in the itinerary on a twin share basis.
• All breakfast and dinner in Ladakh
• Oxygen Cylinder
• All permits
• All applicable taxes
Excluded from the price:
• Air tickets to New Delhi Airport
• Meals in New Delhi
• Visa fee
There are many options for travel from London to New Delhi ranging in price from £350-£600.
You can choose to take any flight that gets to New Delhi any time before 23:00 on Saturday the 14th of August. The meeting point will be the hotel which will be very close to the Airport.
You can choose to leave New Delhi on any flight after 13:00 on 28th August.
Recommended flights will be indicated closer to the time.
If you have a British Passport you will also need a Visa to travel to India. They now have an e-Visa system which is pretty straightforward and all handled electronically.
RSVP and Confirmations
• The maximum number of people on the trip is 10. while 8 is considered ideal. The minimum number required for the trip to go ahead is 5.
• If you would like to come for this trip a) Please RSVP on the meet-up site b) Send a note indicating that you definitely would like to come for the trip c) Once 5 people have signed up, the trip will be confirmed. d) A deposit of £300 will be required to reserve your place.
The last date for confirmation is the 15th January or when 10 people sign up, whichever comes first.