** TICKETS ARE STILL AVAILABLE AS OF FRIDAY 5 JULY. SEATS ARE LIMITED! **
During this summer day we will travel to the medieval town of Bouillon in the green Ardennes region. Known as the "Pearl of the Semois", the small city sits in a sharp curve in the river Semois and is especially famous for the impressive and large Bouillon castle that dates back to the 9th century! In the afternoon we go kayaking. You can book your ticket here. Note that if the weather forecast is bad for our travel day on Tuesday evening, Expat Club Brussels may decide to postpone this trip with 1 or 2 weeks. In that case you will have the option for a full refund or to simply join us on the new date!
During the morning we will visit the castle with an official English-speaking guide who will take us through the most important parts. Also we will watch the fantastic Falconry with several beautiful birds of prey showing their flight skills. After that you will have plenty of free time to discover the castle on your own, have lunch and visit the tourist shops.
In the afternoon you have two options: kayaking or visiting other places in Bouillon. For the latter group, we will organize visits to the Archéoscope which shows the impressive history of the crusades and of 2,000 years of conflicts and settlements. Additionally you can visit the Ducal Museum in a beautiful 17th century building, where you can discover more about the history of Godfried de Bouillon, folklore, and metallurgy.
For the sporty ones among us, we have arranged high-quality comfortable kayaks (single or double). Canoes are available only for experienced people (double or triple). The length of the trip is 15km, which takes about 3,5 hours and leads you through the scenic landscape of the Southern Ardennes.
You will see the Abbaye Notre-Dame de Clairefontaine, the Moulin de Rivage and the impressive Tombeau de Geant. But of course being in nature with other expats is probably the most fun and memorable experience.
Trip information, prices and cancellation policy
* Tickets are 69 euro. This will be a full day tour by modern coach, departing Brussels at 8:00 AM and returning at about 8:30PM. The final schedule will be announced about three days before the event on this website. You can book your ticket here.
* Your ticket includes transportation by coach, entrance fee and guide tour at the castle + a single or double kayak (if applicable), OR entrance fees to the Archéoscope and Musée Ducal (if applicable), and of course the company of a fun group of expats!
* Tickets are not refundable, but you may transfer it to someone else until departure. Send an email to [masked].
* Bad weather policy. In case of a bad weather forecast for our travel day, Expat Club Brussels may decide on Tuesday 2 July to postpone the date of the trip (e.g. 1 or 2 weeks). This is to ensure that the kayaking will be a pleasant experience. In case you do not want or cannot join on the newly proposed date, you will have the chance for a full refund or you may give your ticket to somebody else. The weather seems to be very nice for our trip!
* If you prefer to pay by normal bank transfer, send an email to [masked]. Bank details: Xross Global Group BVBA, BE[masked], and if necessary the BIC is BBRUBEBB.
* The minimum group size is 25. If this number is not reached, then the trip will be postponed to a later date. In this case you can opt for a full refund or simply join at the later date. The trip will take place even when we have less than 25 people.
* This trip is organized by Expat Club Brussels, part of the Xross Global Group BVBA.