What we're about
Upcoming events (4+)
We meet every Thursday at The Hub for jamming, playing songs, learning or just hanging out and having fun. Everyone is welcome!
By default there is no agenda, but be aware there might be very few people at the start of the evening. If you join for the first time and would like an introduction please drop a message.
Music with strangers is a community of international musicians, located in Eindhoven. It started in 2014 as an initiative to teach guitar at The Hub Eindhoven for Expats. The community has grown in size and complexity and expanded its range of activities from jamming to concerts.
==== WHY? ====
We believe in music and its power to create powerful bonds between people. We started out as a bunch of strangers. In time, our passion for music fueled friendships and vice versa. Our intention is to grow as musicians and as individuals, and have a good time whilst doing it.
==== HOW? ====
We cherish the diversity of our group, and believe diversity encourages creativity. We value our differences in culture and musical preference. We empower the community by offering a friendly environment where musicians can easily meet, jam and perform.
The Jamming Thursdays at The Hub are a Thursday evening where we gather to rehearse, jam, inspire and meet each other. Anyone can join.
We offer rehearsal rooms in The Hub (basement) and Popei for our members.
We organize performances in Eindoven: PopEI (2x year), Altstadt, The Hub (2x year), and many others. The theme, organization and registration rules for each event vary. Any profits are used for the community.
==== Useful info ====
If you like the crowd and wish to participate in our activities you should be aware that:
1. You can contact info @ musicwithstrangers.com to explain your intentions and interests or ask for more information. Your mail will be automatically forwarded to a few core members, so already some people will be aware that you are coming. We will try to introduce you and show you around on that day, but basically it’s up to you to find your place in the group.
2. All communication is done via the internal Facebook group. It is highly recommended to join https://www.facebook.com/groups/musicwithstrangers/. A request to join must be approved by an admin. This is meant to protect the privacy of the members because we share information that could be considered private. Other reasons are potential spamming. Once you are a member, feel free to post to the group on musical / social / personal topics.
3. Register as a member of Music with Strangers association
Music with Strangers is becoming an association, and you can register via this form https://goo.gl/forms/4ohyBexv12MSoaDF2. Membership is free. You can read the articles of association here: https://goo.gl/BRLBFD
4. Your involvement is welcome! There is a lot of potential to do wonderful things together as a group. Everything we did was always purely the volunteer work of passionate people. We are relying on support from within the community: we always welcome help in organizing events, sound engineering / stage help during performances. We also encourage members to take initiative in new activities in the benefit of community.
Join the weekly International Quiz Night, every Thursday evening!
(No need to RSVP, just walk in and join the fun)
The International Quiz Night by Number 42 is a fun weekly event, hosted in English, with questions about everything from London to Beijing and from Beethoven to Lady Gaga.
It has become a well known activity in Eindhoven, with players from all over the world joining in on the fun. Every week on Thursday evening we welcome over 100 quizzers, in teams of 2 - 5 players, that compete for some great sponsored prizes.
You can bring your own team (2-5 people) or just come in alone and join one of the Mix & Match teams - the best way to meet new people. Our crew will happily introduce you to other players!
Have a laugh and a drink, enjoy a fun night out and make new friends! No need to RSVP, just walk in and join the fun.
The quiz is held at restaurant Carrousel on the Market Square (Markt 35, next to McDonalds). The quiz is from 8PM 'til 11PM and participation fee is €3,- per person.
More information and weekly quiz-hints, ranking and pictures can be found at our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/number42ehv/).
We look forward to seeing you at one (or more!) of our International Quiz Nights!
🇳🇱 😉 Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ : "If all my language courses in the past would have this kind of an approach of teaching, I would be fluent in many languages by now! Very intensive course with a lot of additional study materials. Groups are small, both of the teachers are super nice, helpful and they really try to explain to you in that way that you understand. The most important, they encourage you to use the language in everyday situations." Learn more: https://www.dutchacademyeindhoven.nl/dutch-courses/reviews/
🇳🇱 This Online Dutch Course is for you if:
- you want to learn a lot in a short period of time.
- you want to learn Dutch well for your job or future.
- you want to practise Dutch speaking every week.
- you want to learn how to speak and write Dutch well.
🇳🇱 Dutch course: Beginners A1 level
Duration: 11 weeks (22 classes of 2 hours each)
Lessons: Twice a week
Hours: 44 hours (22 classes x 2 hours)
Course fee: Please check our website below (an early booking discount available).
😉 You need to register for this Dutch course via our website : https://www.dutchacademyeindhoven.nl/dutch-courses/dutch-course-eindhoven/
⚠️ 📌 We offer a limited number of Dutch courses every year. The upcoming Dutch Courses are already fully booked. Usually, our Dutch courses are fully booked 1-2 months before the start. Please do not wait until the last moment. You will not be able to participate in this course once the course is fully booked!
EindhovenNews.com is an online website with DAILY NEWS in English about what is happening in Eindhoven and region. You can find also back ground articles and events on the website. Great to stay updated!
Before Corona, the Eindhoven News team members and their fans met weekly on Mondays in the Student Hotel Eindhoven. We have stopped this for now.
If you like to get in touch with Eindhoven News, and talk to one of the members, please send a message to Eindhovennews@ gmail.com.
We love to hear from you.