Location visible to members
*** UPDATE *** PLEASE READ ***
We do not have enough cars, actually I am the only driver left! So most of us will have to take the train, following the lead of Chantal who has kindly accepted to help us meet at Gare Saint Lazare.
NEW SCHEDULE TIME AND PLACE: meeting at 8:00am on top of the stairs from Cour de Rome at Gare Saint Lazare. Call Chantal at[masked].
Train leaves at 8:20am from Paris Saint Lazare and arrives at 9:05am in Vernon (26 euros return ticket). You can book your ticket in advance here:
The bus from Vernon to Giverny is waiting for the train's arrival and costs 2 euros.
The evening train makes you come back to Paris at 6:40pm.
I am still going to go there by car and can pick up three people (or 4 tiny ones!), preferably living close to Porte de Saint Cloud or in the South West of Paris. Call me at[masked] to arrange for a meeting place. First called first served!
I forgot to say there is the Clark Collection to be seen at the museum until the end this month. Can't wait to see you all there!!!
"It's maybe because of flowers I became a painter," said Claude Monet. He conceived both his flower garden and water garden as true works of art in his house in Giverny.
Let's check it out! A relax day walking in gardens and a village with a musing at Monet's creations, plus some time to chat.
- 8:00 am: Paris Gare Saint Lazare meeting point
- 10:00am or so: Monet's house and gardens
- Lunch at the restaurant "Les Nympheas" (of course!) across the street, sandwiches or "a la carte" hot dishes, as you'd like.
- 2pm or so: Museum of Impressionism, featuring Monet plus others including American impressionists.
- 3:30pm or so: depending on the weather, either a sunny "cultural discovery" walk in the village, or a rainy tea break!
- 5pm: time to say good-byes!
- 5:30pm: catching up the bus to the train station
- 6:40pm: back to our beloved Paris.
Cost: 14 euros for the entrance to the house, the gardens and the museum.