Join us for dinner, drinks, gifts, games, great conversation, and tons of fun as we celebrate the end of another fabulous year! We have booked a table at a beautiful restaurant in the city - Maxime's Restaurant- so no carpooling or driving too far for this one!
(Above: Maxime's Restaurant)
The Bekios family established Maxime’s in 1984. Since then it has continued to grow & evolve with several additions, most recently that of the 70 seat elegant lounge in 2003. At Maxime’s, the warm, inviting atmosphere provides the perfect setting for our Christmas party. The family still emphasizes freshly prepared classic favourites & engaging hospitality to create a dining experience that is relaxing, enjoyable and most importantly memorable.
For more info check out: http://www.maximesrestaurant.ca/
(Above: the green room we have booked for our group!
We have chosen a selection of salads and entrees that you will be able to order once we are at Maxime's. Included in the cost is your choice of salad or soup, your choice of entree, plus dessert, and your choice of coffee or tea or a soft drink.
The salad choices will be:
• Field greens with House dressing
• Caesar salad
• Greek salad
• Mandarin Raspberry Field Green salad, with Cranberry Raisins & Toasted Almonds
The entree choices will be:
• Chicken Parmesan - Our tender breaded chicken cutlet baked with a savoury tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese
• Chicken Cordon Bleu - Tender, breaded chicken cutlet topped with ham, gravy and mozzarella cheese and oven baked
• Souvlaki and Shrimp - One skewer of souvlaki (your choice of chicken or pork) coupled with four grilled garlic tiger prawns or four of our breaded shrimp and cocktail sauce
• Steak Sandwich - 8 oz. New York, charbroiled and served with caramelized onions on garlic crostini
• Manitoba Pickerel - Pickerel fillets lightly breaded, seasoned and pan fried, served with our creamy dill wine sauce
• Four Cheese Ravioli à la Primavera - Ravioli filled with Ricotta, mozzarella, romano and parmesan tossed in a sundried tomato pesto cream sauce with mushrooms, red peppers, julienned carrots, spinach and red onions (Vegetarian option)
• Fettucine Alfredo - Fettucine noodles cooked al dente and tossed in our specially prepared Alfredo sauce. Add chicken, tiger prawns, or sautéed mushrooms (Vegetarian option available)
*All dinner entrées (except pasta) are accompanied by choice of potato (baked potato, homemade fresh mashed potatoes, french fries) or rice, and fresh vegetables.
After dinner we will play a version of gift exchange that doesn't involve stealing others' gifts, as Experience Manitoba believe in embracing a culture of gratitude and sharing. Gifts will have been lovingly made by hand or chosen with care so we will take the time to be thankful for each and every member who makes this group what it is!
Some of us will want to take home our gift and not open it until December 25th. If you are terrible with surprises or don't live by the "all good things come to those who wait" rule, of course you are welcome to open your gift at the event - we would love to share your joy! But there is no pressure on you to do so. Sandy will place hers under her tree so she can think of you all on this special day.
5:30pm (OPTIONAL) - meet in the lounge at Maxime's for a drink before dinner
6:00pm - meet at Maxime's in the green room for our celebration
We'll have dinner, a member "seat" shuffle, play some games, enjoy dessert, and do the gift exchange
We have the "green room" all evening, so there's no pressure on us to be done at a certain time.
- Your Experience Manitoba lanyard (if you don't have one, you'll receive yours at this meetup)
- A wrapped gift for the gift exchange. Please bring either a homemade gift, or spend about $5 on a gift for a "female outdoor adventurer." Please do not put your name on the gift - the gift exchange will be secret.
- Money for alcoholic beverages (optional)
- Camera (optional)
"I love this special time of year,
full of all goodwill and cheer.
I'd love to spend it with our group,
so Maxime's was the place to book.
I will bring a gift for a fellow member,
to be opened end of December.
We'll have some giggles and some fun,
it will be great to see everyone!"
- Sand x
When you RSVP for this meetup, you need to pay $25.00 by PayPal, which includes the meetup fee, dinner (your choice of salad and entree), dessert, your choice of coffee/tea/soft drink, tax & gratuity.
You can find information about our policies, including meetup fees, refunds, and carpooling, here: http://www.meetup.com/Experience-Manitoba-Group/about/
If the meetup is full but you are interested in attending, please click the "notify me" button at the top of the RSVP list. Spots do open up, and we are sometimes able to add another date for an event if there is enough interest.
Please read our disclaimer and waiver of liability here:
By RSVPing “yes” for this event, you agree with and accept all statements in this disclaimer and waiver.
By RSVPing “yes” for this event, you hereby for yourself, your heirs, executors, and administrators release and discharge Experience Manitoba, their organizers, directors, agents, volunteers, leaders, and participants from any and all lawsuits, actions, claims, or demands by reason of any damage, loss, injury, or death arising from your participation in Experience Manitoba events.
By RSVPing “yes” for this event, you agree to accept responsibility for all risks and hazards you may encounter at this event, and you further agree to bear all costs of rescue or medical attention rendered to you personally arising from this event.