Hike the towering mountains and glacier fed lakes of the Canadian Rockies and trek Hut to Hut in the remote backcountry of Banff National Park on this 6 day, Women-Only, Small Group Hiking Adventure Tour in Canada!
Nestled in the Canadian Rockies, the town of Banff is surrounded on all sides by National and Provincial Parks boasting some of the most beautiful landscapes that Canada offers. You’ll have the unique opportunity to experience the iconic day hikes in the surrounding parks, the atmosphere of the quaint mountain town, and the rarely experienced tranquility of the remote backcountry.
Your first three days will be spent exploring nearby National Parks and Provincial Parks on day hikes to turquoise glacier fed lakes, past waterfalls, along pointed mountain ridge lines, and through luscious green valleys. You’ll snap that iconic photo by Moraine Lake to add to your Instagram feed. You’ll feel as if you’re in a fairytale admiring the chateau from Lake Louise. You could be hiking to glacier fed lakes in Banff National Park, past stunning waterfalls in Yoho National Park, up and over a mountain pass in Kananaskis Country, and more. Each evening, we’ll return to our downtown Banff Hotel and head out on the town to dine as a group at a local restaurant. In your free time, you’ll be able to relax in one of the outdoor hot tubs or next to the outdoor fireplace gazing up at the stars retelling the SHE-nanigans from the day!
On the final three days of your adventure, we leave behind the hustle and noise of the town and tourists. You’ll load up a 70L backpack with glacier crossing gear and the essentials for a hut to hut trek across the Wapta Icefields. The Icefields are rolling, gentle glaciers that you will trek up and over during the course of three days. You’ll experience a rapidly disappearing mountain landscape while immersing yourself in a truly remote and unique backcountry environment. Your destination each evening is rustic, remote alpine huts high up in mountains. There aren’t many backcountry treks that you can get the alpine trifecta – glaciers, mountains, and cozy alpine huts!
• Explore the Canadian Rockies in Banff and the surrounding National and Provincial Parks that will lead you to turquoise lakes, past waterfalls, along pointed mountain ridge lines, and through luscious green valleys.
• Snap your Glamour shots with the backdrop of Moraine Lake, Lake Louise, and Peyto Lake.
• Venture down the lesser known trails of the area on local led day hikes.
• Enjoy the ambiance and buzz of a mountain town from your centrally located hotel in Banff for 3 nights.
• Leave behind the noise to hike hut to hut high in the Canadian Rockies – an experience usually reserved for mountaineers.
• Strap on crampons and a helmet, grab an ice axe, and rope up with our group to trek across glaciers and the Wapta Icefields.
• Relish in the pristine mountain environment and tranquility for 2 evenings from your alpine hut.
• Disconnect and reboot high in the alpine backcountry of Banff National Park where there is no Wi-Fi, cell reception, or electricity.
• Simply show up to a fully-planned hut to hut trip with a backpack, sleeping bag, helmet, mountaineering boots, crampons, harness, and all other safety gear provided.
• Relax with an itinerary that makes the logistics, transportation, navigation, meals, lodging, and everything between easy.
• Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of bold women!
Early Bird Discount: $300
Discount Code: EBBF081919
See website for full details and to book.
Join the Facebook Event to meet Explorer Chicks from other cities!
Don't forget to follow Explorer Chick on Facebook too!
We’re on Instagram as well!