Learn how to backpack with our small group, women only backpacking workshop in the Red River Gorge. Have you ever dreamed of hiking to a faraway, remote land to spend a few days camping and living in the wild surrounded by mountains? We have! And, we want you to be able to live freely in the wild at your every whim armed with the skills and experience to do so!
We’ll meet you in the Red River Gorge to spend 2 days teaching you the fundamentals of backpacking with plenty of hands-on experience. With it’s abundance of natural bridges, sandstone cliffs, rock shelters, and arches, we couldn’t think of a more beautiful location to teach you how to backpack in the wilderness.
The best part? We’ll lend you the essential Gear to get started! Every Explorer Chick will be provided with a Backpack, a Sleeping Bag, a Sleeping Pad, and a shared 2 person tent. We’ll provide all of the meals beginning with Saturday lunch through our Sunday closing lunch at a Red River Gorge local eatery. As for the rest of the gear, you’ll be provided with a packing list.
• Explore the many Arches, Sandstone cliffs, Natural Bridges, and Rock Shelters in the Red River Gorge.
• Receive a hands-on experience with a small group of women guided by the Explorer Chick experts. You’ll be able to ask all of your questions, practice your skills as often as necessary, and get personal attention without feeling awkward or embarrassed!
• Borrow the expensive gear giving you the opportunity to learn all about Backpacking and the required gear before investing in your own!
• Spend two days meeting and becoming friends with a fabulous group of outdoor adventure lovin’ women!
• Optional day hike to Iconic Landmarks in the Red River Gorge on Sunday
• Eat Picnic lunches surrounded by the natural beauty of Red River Gorge.
• End your Outdoor Adventure with our closing lunch at a local Red River Gorge eatery. Go home with a full belly and a happy heart!
Early Bird Discount Savings: $20
Expires: April 15, 2019
Discount Code: RedSum19
See website for full details and to book.
Join the Facebook Event to meet Explorer Chicks from other cities!
Don't forget to follow Explorer Chick on Facebook too!
We’re on Instagram as well!