Needs a location
Explore and hike the backcountry of Alaska in Lake Clark National Park on our 8 Day, Women-Only, Small Group Hiking Adventure Tour in Alaska.
Immerse yourself in the last frontier and experience Alaska the way Mother Nature intended. It will take a Bush plane and a Float plane ride to access the wilds of Alaska.
Once landing on Turquoise Lake in the heart of Lake Clark National Park, you’ll quickly feel at home in your cozy tent along the shoreline. Bask in the sunset rays painted across the sky while your local guides cook up delicious, backcountry meals.
We’ll head off in a new direction to explore Lake Clark National Park every day. Day hikes will be on unmarked terrain that haven’t seen the influence of humans. We’ll rely on the expertise of our local guides, maps, and compasses for navigation. We’ll hike through the stunning 5000′ tall Grand Canyon of Lake Clark National Park. We’ll hike across the Alaskan tundra to witness a natural sheep lick near a Dall Sheep habitat.
After 3 days at our basecamp, we’ll pack then load up our inflatable sea kayaks with our backcountry gear. We’ll push off from shore and begin the 5 mile paddle across Turquoise Lake to the far end. We’ll be kayaking on flat water which is suitable for beginners. We’ll explore the landscape from our new campsite for the next 2 days by embarking on day hikes in new directions each day.
All too soon, the arrival of our float plane landing on Turquoise Lake will mark our slow return to civilization. The float plane drops us off at a cluster of quaint cabins along the shore of 35 mile long Lake Clark for our final evening. We’ll relish in a hot shower and feast at a local restaurant. On the last day of our adventure, we’ll board a charter flight that will take us back to Anchorage.
• Immerse yourself in a truly off the grid experience in Lake Clark National Park accessible only by boat or plane!
o View Alaska from above on 4 flights to/from the Explorer Chick base camp including one of the most stunning bush flights in Alaska
• Unplug for 7 days/6 nights in the wilds of Alaska without a sign or connection to the outside, developed world
• Embark on day hikes every morning to glaciers, waterfalls, a 5,000 ft canyon, an Alaska mountain summit, and a mineral sheep lick notorious for having Big Horn Sheep nearby!
• Explore Alaska like it was meant to be experienced setting up an expedition style basecamp at one end of Turquoise Lake (it’s as beautiful as it sounds!).
• Paddle 5 miles across the lake with all your camping gear loaded up on your kayak to set up a new base camp for the best of both lake shores!
• Explore areas of Alaska where there are no hiking trails, no signage, and no man-made structures of any kind while relying solely on our experienced, local guides to lead you.
• Keep your eyes peeled for the native Alaskan wildlife: Dall Sheep, Caribou, Wolves, Grizzly Bears, and Wolverines.
• Re-introduce yourself slowly to the modern world by staying in a quaint cabin for the final night on the shores of 35 mile long Lake Clark.
● Disconnect to reconnect! Leave behind the constant contact and use your phone solely for capturing moments.
● Relax with a comprehensive itinerary that makes the logistics, transportation, navigation, meal planning, camping, and everything between easy.
● Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of bold women!
Early Bird Discount: $300
Discount Code: EBAK082419
See website for full details and to book.
Join the Facebook Event to meet Explorer Chicks from other cities!
Don't forget to follow Explorer Chick on Facebook too!
We’re on Instagram as well!