100 Queens Park, M5S 2C6, Toronto, ON
• Photographing the human form - with stunning subject material (perfect Greek and Roman bodies)
• How to train your eye to see from unique perspectives
• Creating compositions to enhance grandeur & eliminate backgrounds...
• Using and eliminating distractions to direct the viewer's gaze.
• 3 included video tutorials - How to easily & beautifully process your B&W images by understanding how colour works
All images (c) Al Uehre - shot at the ROM using the principals you'll learn.
• Story telling in a single shot
• CREATING emotion - we'll conduct an experiment to create two emotions with a single sculpture
• The mystery of why your lens' focal length changes proportions in portraiture - explained & demonstrated
• Best practices and settings for shooting in low light
• How to deal with glass reflections when they appear
• How to set up custom white balances to cure 'unmanageable' mixed lighting
Myths We'll Debunk
• "Great B&W processing is difficult." We'll show you how to do a great job easily - with an included 3 video tutorials.
• "Low ISO and a perfectly balanced histogram are the ideal" - not true, you'll learn why.
• "You can't hold a camera steady below 'x' shutter speed." We'll show you how to become a steady tripod - you can hold your camera steadier than you think, without holding your breath or tucking in.
You can see how all these skills; technical and creative - will be applied to your photography for years to come.
Last year's event was five stars:
"Once again, I learned so much! Al- you are not only a wealth of information, you explain it in terms simple enough for me to get." -Peggy
"Great tutorials! I have learned a lot from them. Thank you, Al " - Teresa
"Great :) Looking forward to our next outing. " - Sarah
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
• DSLR or Advanced Compact camera & strap
• Comfortable clothes you can move in
• Lens: 70mm and higher, zoom is fine
• No flash or tripods please
Beginners very welcome - we'll get you up to speed in a small friendly group.
Note $10 ROM entry is not included. You can come an hour early and enjoy a bit more of the ROM before the workshop. "Wildlife Photographer Of The Year" exhibit is up and is stunning. Discount entry after 4:30pm on Fridays. (Wednesday nights are no longer free by the way.)
RSVP & JOIN US FOR A JAM-PACKED EVENING OF LEARNING AND GORGEOUS PHOTOGRAPHY - IN THE MIDST OF SOME OF THE MOST CELEBRATED ART IN HISTORY.
Exhibiting photographer & teacher for over 25 years; visual thinker for life...
I have a great interest in composition & other people's perspectives. Group Co-organizer!
Refunds offered if:
Additional notes: Full refund if the event fills up & someone takes your place. Full refund if the event is moved & you can't access the location. If, at any time, anything in the course is unclear to you, email me & I'll make sure you get all your questions answered.
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.