235 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON
Join us on our 2017 tall ship photo tour... our last three sails were spectacular!
* RSVP includes your ticket to sail and photograph with us, a guide to shooting on-board, a mini tutorial on capturing rich sunset light, and an inspiration album for great compositions.
We'll sail out on the high seas of Lake Ontario & capture compositions of sails, ship's rigging, the open water, and the city skyline at sunset.
We'll be on board the Tall Ship Kajama, a restored traditional 1930's 165 foot three masted schooner, with an impressive 7000 sq. ft of sail.
A few pictures from last year's sail:
We'll work on some great images with wind in our hair, then sunset is at 9pm, just as we're back in Toronto Harbour.
What To Bring On Your Trip:
- DSLR or advanced compact camera
- Tripod not required. Bring a flash if you like, but not required.
- Lens recommendation: as you can imagine, this depends on what you'd most like to photograph - wide skylines to closeups of sails & rigging...
- A jacket, etc. - it could get cool by 9pm on the water!
- Weather: this event is "rain or shine", due to non-refundable reservations. Canopies on the outside deck are put up if there is rain. You can still be outside if it’s raining.
- Food / drinks are available for purchase on board.
* RSVP includes your ticket to sail and photograph with us, a guide to shooting on-board, a mini tutorial on capturing rich sunset light, and an inspiration album.
Join us on our sunset sailing photography tour...
Exhibiting photographer & teacher for over 25 years; visual thinker for life...
I have a great interest in composition & other people's perspectives. Group Co-organizer!
Refunds offered if:
Additional notes: We can't issue refunds after June 6th for this one, as we have to reserve with the schooner company. Thanks!
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.